Sadiq Khan Now Mayor of London!
Sadiq Khan has lots in his manifesto to work for businesses through partnership and support schemes.
A partnership with business
I will work in partnership with business to deliver solutions to the challenges that hold growth back, and to help spread opportunity throughout our city. I will:
- Create a Business Advisory Board – made up of experts, not of political allies – to provide me with guidance and insight to find the solutions to London’s growth challenges and to feedback on my policy.
- Involve business in decision making on key issues of policy and planning, from skills and housing costs, to transport infrastructure and business space.
- Establish Skills for Londoners, working with business to ensure Londoners have the skills they need to grow.
Supporting small business and protecting business space
Our small businesses, start-ups and entrepreneurs are at the heart of our economy and our communities, and supporting them to grow, innovate and create wealth and jobs will be central to my plans. I will:
- Prevent the loss of business space, by working with local authorities to stop the excessive conversion of commercial space under permitted development rights.
- Promote the provision of small business and start-up premises in housing and commercial developments through the London Plan.
- Provide live-work units as part of the Mayor’s affordable housing programme.
- Support communities which want to keep the character of their high streets intact.
For full manifesto go to: